Welcome to PM Forum London
The London regional events take place in the City and Central London at various venues. At arguably one of the most diverse cities in the world, and known globally as having an international business hub, the event here in London definitely embodies the diverse culture upon which this city was built.
Meet The Team Behind London
Bird & Bird
DAC Beachcroft LLP
Charlotte E. Sansom
Penningtons Manches Cooper
Why Should You Attend an Event?
Events held in Europe across 15+ cities & locations. PM Forum has a strong European presence, gathering the best minds into one space where they can network & gain useful insights.
With professionals across accountancy, law, property, and more, no matter the topic, there will always be a space where you can implement these insightful topics into your own business!
Every year, there are networking opportunities! By attending events, you are not only being provided professional advice, but have the opporunity to expand your own network!
Members for Over 10 Years
Members Over 5 Years
Previous Events & Reports
PM Forum Fight Club! Thought Leadership v Content Leadership
Wednesday 08 March 2023, London
Claire Mason of Man Bites Dog argues that professional services firms will be defined by the visionary thinking they share. Controversially, Mat Morrison of Digital Whiskey recently claimed that professional services firms are structurally incapable of generating genuine thought leadership and instead marketers should aim to produce what Mat describes as ‘expert content’.
Discover how sector firms are planning to respond to challenges and opportunities in the coming year
Thursday 12 January 2023, London
In addition to tracker questions on spending patterns, the 2023 Benchmark explores:
- Constraints on growth in a tougher economic climate
- The contribution marketing is making to ESG and to management team priorities
- The preferred management style of marketing leaders
- Key activities being planned to achieve priorities.
Alastair Beddow, the Managing Director of Meridian West which conducts the research on behalf of the Forum, will initially provide a presentation of the findings of the 2023 Benchmark. This will be followed by a panel discussion involving leading marketing leaders from sector firms.
A summary of the findings of the 2022 Benchmark can be found here.
A winning formula: practical strategies to help you thrive in your career
Tuesday 08 November 2022, London
Hosted by Dechert LLP at its London Blackfriars office, PM Forum’s November event was a well-attended session, bringing members from a variety of professional services backgrounds together to discuss practical strategies for managing and improving your career, writes Lindsey Irish.
The panel featured four senior industry professionals: Francesca Ayers, Director, Get Serious; Dominic Ayres, Senior Client Development Manager, Eversheds Sutherland; Jeremy Ford, Head of BD & Marketing Europe, Skadden; and Susanne Pugsley, Business Development Consultant, PSBD Pugsley Sidwell, who chaired the discussion.
After a much-welcome opportunity to have a glass of wine and connect with PM Forum members both old and new, panellists kicked off the session by discussing how best to manage your career ‘upwards’.
Panellists offered the following tips to help you thrive and move up in your organisation:
- Look at and fully understanding the environment you’re in – take time to to know the culture of the business match high-performance habits set key stakeholders.
- Understand who you’re working with and for – specifically, ask them what goals they have been asked to accomplish and see what role you can play in achieving them.
- Build reliability and trust by being consistent and don’t be afraid to ask for projects that will showcase what you do best.
- Try to highlight the value you have added to the organisation, rather than just listing out each project you’ve worked on or completed.
Personal brand and visibility
Panellists considered the importance of building a personal brand and how best to gain visibility within your company, offering the following suggestions:
- Cultivate trust and understand the business as a whole. What do teams outside of your role do? What keeps the lights on? The most successful marketers are ones that know their business inside and out.
- Don’t behave as if you are separate from partners and other senior people at your firm. Present yourself as an expert in your own area and don’t be afraid to interact with everyone at the company.
- Figure out what you want to be known for. Find a topic or area you are passionate about and make yourself an ambassador on it. Sharing articles about the subject on LinkedIn is a great way to show others your interest in the area and can be a catalyst for further discussion.
The panel examined how forming relationships with others post-Covid has evolved due to there being fewer opportunities to catch each other in the office or attend events between working from home.
Guests were reminded to get into the habit of prepping for interactions. Think through what you’re going to say, what you need, and have a few topics on hand to discuss so you can really utilise the time you have with someone.
The importance of maintaining good relationships with secretaries and executive assistants should not be underestimated. You can work with them to find time to speak with key stakeholders since their in-person time is more limited than before.
The event was full of honest and insightful engagement from the speakers and it is unfortunate that at that point we ran out of time. At the conclusion of the panel, attendees gathered to mingle while enjoying a delicious selection of tapas and wine.
Lindsay Irish, Dechert LLP
In this 3 minute taster we considered we considered how best to create value from video content. Independent filmmaker, Jon Fairey, and AV specialist / video editor, George Mole, will share their experiences working with and for professional services firms, and provide you with best practice and tips on how to create impactful communications through focusing on:
Content vs production
Setting the scene
Strategic Thinking Masterclass *** FULLY BOOKED***
Tuesday 06 September 2022, London
This masterclass with Julia Hayhoe, for senior marketers, will explore critical questions including:
- How is the world changing in ways not reflected in your strategy?
- Who are your stakeholders, what matters to them and how are you engaging with them?
- What does client success look like and how are you delivering value to clients?
- What are the practical and tactical factors for success?
Summer networking social – Time to reconnect
Wednesday 06 July 2022, London
There’ll be the chance to network (and compare lockdown stories) with new and familiar faces from across the professional services marketing community. We hope you can join us for drinks and canapés on the rooftop terrace of Mazars’ offices (sunny weather pending!), who have very kindly offered to host us.
Live event in London - Professional Services: The Outside View
Tuesday 14 June 2022, London
PM Forum has pulled together a panel of leading journalists to share their insights and perceptions regarding the professional services industry, and what challenges the sector faces – both reputationally and commercially.
The trends discussed include:
- Post-pandemic ways of working – is there a balance between productivity and flexibility?
- Innovation – how real is ‘innovation’ in PSFs, when compared to other businesses and industries?
- The war for talent – will rising pay, perks and work-life balance be enough to compete?
- Reputation – how are firms (and the industry as a whole) dealing with rising scrutiny by media, regulators, clients and the public?
- Economic growth – how important are PSFs to Britain’s economic growth and international influence?
PM Forum in the Community – Revisited
Thursday 19 May 2022, London
In this next event we plan to invite the team from Go Beyond back to find out how they have progressed with their findings and see how we can assist them with their future needs. This will be an interactive session where we discuss the following challenges in separate groups:
- Brand awareness group
- Legacy gifts campaign group.
- Targeting group