The Proactive Marketing Executive [Now Fully-Booked]
• Aims, agenda, rules of engagement and introductions
• Being proactive, confident, challenging and focused
Group exercise 1: Fundamentals quiz
Towards strategic marketing
• BD – marketing, selling and relationship management
• Buying processes and the client journey
• Strategy, the marketing mix, segmentation and the sector matrix
• How marketing audits and plans help you to help fee- earners
• Goal-setting and measuring marketing effectiveness (ROI)
Group exercise 2: Tactical marketing and BD techniques
Extending tactical marketing knowledge
• Toolbox and campaign competencies
• The shift from outbound to inbound marketing
Group exercise 3: Techniques in depth
• Digital PR and content management
• Campaign development and thought leadership
• Selling, tendering and new business development
• Relationship management and KAM
• MarTech in professional services firms
Managing tactical marketing programmes
• Crisis management
Group exercise 4: Managing marketing/BD operations
• Developing effective briefs and managing suppliers
• Managing junior marketing staff (and resilience)
• Balancing priorities, time and project management
Working more closely with fee-earners (internal clients)
Group exercise 5: Relationships with fee-earners
• Dealing with ‘difficult’ people
• Developing your personal profile – trust and positive communication
• Influencing and achieving buy-in
Getting closer to clients
• From marketing to business development
• The sales and decision-making processes
• Pitching and tendering
• Developing your market, product and client knowledge
Developing your career
• Marketing qualifications and skills
• Team structures and career paths
Group exercise 6: Future career questions
To facilitate interaction, workshops are restricted to 18 attendees – maximum of four from the same firm.
First attendee £385 +VAT
Second attendee £375 + VAT
All subsequent attendees £365 + VAT
This training is now fully booked, check out other PM Forum events here-Check upcoming events
Due to the restricted number of places, refundable cancellations are only accepted up to one month prior to the event (a cancellation fee of £25 + VAT will be incurred per person). Substitutions can be made at any time. PMI reserves the right to cancel with no liability beyond refund of fees paid.
This training course is open solely to member firms of the PM Forum, a worldwide group of over 3,000 marketers in professional services firms.
KIM TASSORedStarKim Ltd
Kim Tasso has worked within and for over 200 professional partnerships in the legal, accountancy and property sectors for over 20 years and continues to do so as a management consultant.
She also has direct client exposure from working with organisations in the technology, education, creative, media, real estate and not-for-profit sectors.
Unusually, she combines psychology, marketing and business qualifications so is effective as both a professional trainer, facilitator and coach and also as a subject matter expert in a variety of strategy, marketing, selling and relationship management topics.
She is highly rated as a trainer and coach for lawyers, accountants and surveyors and also lectured on Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) professional marketing qualifications for Cambridge Marketing College.
She is the author of books on soft skills, growth strategies, business development, media relations and business development and a prolific conference speaker and journalist. She is also a member of the PM Magazine Advisory Board.