Commerciality – Finance, pricing, innovation and research
Introduction and session aims
• What is commerciality? Why is it important?
• What is a commercial adviser? Commercial M&BD professionals?
• The role of curiosity
• Seeing the big picture – strategic thinking
• Understanding markets – environmental scanning
• Entrepreneurship and business planning
Economics and Financial fluency
• Economics 101 – Macro and Micro economics and business cycles
• Future business trends
Exercise: Reading company accounts
• Understanding profit, profitability and cash
• Exercise: Selecting pricing strategies
• Client research techniques
• Supporting marketing/BD plans and pitches
• Key innovation theories and strategies
• Return on Investment (ROI)
Solutions and impact
• An introduction to consultancy skills
• Problem-solving and building practical solutions
Exercise: Tackling an innovation challenge
• Communicating for impact and achieving buy-in
Summary and close
To facilitate interaction, workshops are restricted to 18 attendees – maximum of four from the same firm.
First attendee £240 +VAT
Second attendee £230 + VAT
All subsequent attendees £220 + VAT
Due to the restricted number of places, refundable cancellations are only accepted up to one month prior to the event (a cancellation fee of £25 + VAT will be incurred per person). Substitutions can be made at any time. PMI reserves the right to cancel with no liability beyond refund of fees paid.
This training course is open solely to member firms of the PM Forum, a worldwide group of over 3,000 marketers in professional services firms.