Selling processes and sales skills for marketing and BD professionals
Module One – Sales processes
• Integrating marketing, selling and relationship development through sales pipelines
• Discussion: The role of marketers in professional services selling
• Client journeys, decision-making processes and buyer behaviour
• Stages of business relationship development (in key segments)
• Compare sales methodologies (consultative, challenger etc)
Exercise: Mapping your sales process
• Strategy, segmentation, targeting and prospecting
• Manage and convert enquiries effectively
• Links to pitching and tenders
Module Two – Selling Skills (Preparation)
Exercise: Assessing selling skills
• Core selling skills
• Initiate contact
Exercise: Drafting initial contact communications and other techniques
• Follow up
• Prepare for meetings
• Research, opportunity spotting and value proposition development
Exercise: Research and preparing a sales briefing pack
Module Three – Selling Skills (In Action)
• Empathy, rapport, trust and relationship development
• Identify needs: Questioning skills and active listening
• Commercial thinking: Identifying opportunities
• Develop solutions, differentiation and value propositions
• Psychology of selling and persuasion techniques
• Tips on price negotiation, objection handling and closing
• Social media in selling and relationship management
• Information systems to support fee-earner sales activities
• Selling and relationship management metrics
Exercise: Developing your sales management information and plan
KIM TASSORedStarKim Ltd
Kim Tasso has worked within and for over 200 professional partnerships in the legal, accountancy and property sectors for over 20 years and continues to do so as a management consultant.
She also has direct client exposure from working with organisations in the technology, education, creative, media, real estate and not-for-profit sectors.
Unusually, she combines psychology, marketing and business qualifications so is effective as both a professional trainer, facilitator and coach and also as a subject matter expert in a variety of strategy, marketing, selling and relationship management topics.
She is highly rated as a trainer and coach for lawyers, accountants and surveyors and also lectured on Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) professional marketing qualifications for Cambridge Marketing College.
She is the author of books on soft skills, growth strategies, business development, media relations and business development and a prolific conference speaker and journalist. She is also a member of the PM Magazine Advisory Board.