Practical and professional skills for marketing/BD assistants
A popular half-day interactive workshop – now online – for those with a basic understanding and some experience of marketing/BD who would like to develop their marketing/BD knowledge, skills, role and career within a professional service firm. In ‘Thinking’ we review core theories and explore planning processes. In ‘Doing’ we develop and share best practice to improve implementation of typical communication activities. In ‘Developing’ we consider how to improve our knowledge, relationships, role and career. Those who require more in-depth training should look at The Proactive Marketing Executive workshop which explores similar issues during a full day.
• The business development process and pipeline
• Marketing definitions and core theories
• B2B buying process and selling
• Segmentation, sectors, services and branding
• Channels to market
• The strategic process
• Key strategies for PSFs
• Why do we need plans and what should they contain?
• Internal engagement and communications
• Profile raising, PR and media relations
• Digital marketing, content management and social media
• Events, seminars and contact/sales activities
• Integrated communications and campaign development
• Why professional services marketing is different (The Trusted Advisor)
• Deal with ‘difficult’ people – empathy, listening and buy-in
• Create an impression and convey confidence (non-verbal communication)
• Develop your role, knowledge and skills (career planning)
• Further learning
First attendee £270 +VAT
Second attendee £260 + VAT
All subsequent attendees £250 + VAT
Due to the restricted number of places, refundable cancellations are only accepted up to one month prior to the event (a cancellation fee of £25 + VAT will be incurred per person). Substitutions can be made at any time. PMI reserves the right to cancel with no liability beyond refund of fees paid.
This training course is open solely to member firms of the PM Forum, a worldwide group of over 3,000 marketers in professional services firms.
KIM TASSORedStarKim Ltd
Kim Tasso has worked within and for over 200 professional partnerships in the legal, accountancy and property sectors for over 20 years and continues to do so as a management consultant.
She also has direct client exposure from working with organisations in the technology, education, creative, media, real estate and not-for-profit sectors.
Unusually, she combines psychology, marketing and business qualifications so is effective as both a professional trainer, facilitator and coach and also as a subject matter expert in a variety of strategy, marketing, selling and relationship management topics.
She is highly rated as a trainer and coach for lawyers, accountants and surveyors and also lectured on Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) professional marketing qualifications for Cambridge Marketing College.
She is the author of books on soft skills, growth strategies, business development, media relations and business development and a prolific conference speaker and journalist. She is also a member of the PM Magazine Advisory Board.