Marketing Salaries 2007
470 members completed the October 2007 survey on marketing salaries (39% UK; 58% law; 70% Director/Head or Manager; 59% 251-10,000 headcount.) Key findings:
- North American firms pay 24% more than UK firms to their managers and directors, but similar amounts to junior marketers. Global firms pay highest.
- Firms with headcount of between 1,000 and 10,000 pay the highest salaries
- Law firms pay 12.3% more to marketers than accountancy firms
- 40% of marketers believe themselves to be paid less than their peers with only 7% feeling that they are paid more.
- Trade associations are seen as the most reliable source of salary data. Line managers and HR teams are no more relied on than the office grapevine.
Download the full results summary | Press Release | Salary tables